About the Faubourg Delachaise Neighborhood Association
Faubourg Delachaise is bounded by Louisiana Avenue, Magazine Street, Tchoupitoulas Street and Peniston Street in Uptown New Orleans. The Faubourg Delachaise Neighborhood Association is open to homeowners, renters and business owners who live or work in our neighborhood.
- The purpose of FDNA is to improve our neighborhood.
- Membership is voluntary. Dues are $25/year or however much a family/individual can pay. Go to “Files” to download an application.
- The FDNA welcomes homeowners, renters and business owners in our neighborhood.
- Pot-luck dinner meetings held quarterly. Additional meetings and events held at other times.
- Annual block party for “Night Out Against Crime”
- Children’s playground at Lyon’s Center (Delachaise between Annunciation and Tchoupitoulas)
President: Debby Pigman-Debbyfdna@gmail.com
Vice-President: Ashley Mills
Treasurer: Mary Youngblood
You can join our email list and this web group without paying dues. We send out notices of meetings, events, crime reports and other neighborhood related items. Send an email to Debby Pigman to join or click here to join the email list: http://groups.google.com/group/fdna
Where do dues go?
- Neighborhood events and meetings
- Neighborhood Watch Signs
- Donations to the 6th District NOPD
- Mailings to membership
- Membership to Neighborhood Partnership Network
Other possible uses being discussed: Donations to Bauduit School; printing and mailing of a newsletter.
The FDNA is forming committees to address various issues affecting our neighborhood. If you want to get involved, send an email to Debby Pigman Debbyfdna@gmail.com
- Crime Committee – maintains the Neighborhood Watch program and follows crimes committed in the neighborhood.
- Blight Committee – surveys the neighborhood and identifies blighted properties and properties not conforming to code. The committee also organizes events to clean up and fix properties through programs like Christmas in October and Rebuilding Together New Orleans (RTNO – a program of the Preservation Resource Center.)
- Lyons Center Committee – keeps tabs on the renovation of the NORD facility, the playground and field.
- Welcome Wagon – welcomes people to the neighborhood, answer questions, and encourage them to join the neighborhood association.
- Events Committee – plans events in addition to our regular potluck.
- Outreach – organizes donations and research/coordinate charitable opportunities for FDNA to participate in.